You might have heard your grandma asking you to regularly check your closet to prevent insect damage. Moth holes in your beautiful cashmere sweater, your favorite suit, or royal silk saree (if you are a woman)is an unpleasant sighting. Insects can damage silk, wool, cotton, rayon, linen, as well as synthetic clothes.
Keep an eye on the household pests that can ruin your wardrobe. More than pests, larvae cause extensive damage to your clean and dry clothing stored in your closet. Even though these pests are not usually germ carriers, they can make your life hell by destroying your expensive clothing. Nearby Dry Cleaners can help you to keep your clothes safe from these insects.
How to keep your clothes pest free?
- Store only clean and dry clothes in your closet. Thoroughly check your clothes and empty pockets before sending them for laundry dry cleaning or washing at home. Any sort of food stains, perfume or perspiration can provide a breeding ground for pests.
- Regularly vacuum clean your carpet, rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture and the entire home, including your closet where larvae can hide. Once done, dispose of the vacuum bag immediately.
- Place your garments in a cool, dry place to avoid any chances of infestation. Store your fur, leather and silk garments in breathable bags. Use moth balls or cedar products to prevent insect infestation in your wardrobe.
- Be especially careful while buying second-hand clothes. Get them dry cleaned before storing in your closet.
- Before storing your clothes for long time, get it dry cleaned from the best dry cleaners who are equipped with latest technology and equipments.
If you have already suffered damage due to moths and their larvae, you don’t have to worry. Small holes in your clothes can be repaired at your nearest dry cleaners store. Mending or Rafoo on clothes and patch work on leather items can make your garments usable again.
What pests that can harm your clothing?
Light colored insects with narrow wings, clothes moths actually eat away your woolen garments. Not only the adult moths, but their larvae are also destructive in nature. While they pose no serious health concerns to human, an infestation can quickly spread in your wardrobe, and can also damage antique dolls, toys and wall hangings.
They are carrot shaped insects, commonly seen feeding on natural fibers, rayon, cotton and linen. Generally, they are found in humid, dark areas. They are nocturnal in behavior and love to stay inside your closet.
There are household and field crickets, about three-quarter or an inch in length, black or brown in color. House crickets are problematic as they thrive inside your home and can spoil your wardrobe.
If you have stored woolen, silk, fur and leather items in your closet, then carpet beetles can pose a serious threat. Densely covered with tiny hair or bristles, they can be extremely difficult to control after their infestation increases to a significant level.
Don’t let these creepy pests destroy your clothing, keep them away by getting your clothes cleaned properly. We, Spotless Wäsche, offer best services with the aim to let your wardrobe remain pest-free, smelling fresh always. We offer Dry Cleaning services & premium dry cleaning in South Delhi and nearby areas. We can offer you same day Dry cleaning service in Saket, Vasant Kunj, Malviya Nagar & nearby areas. We offer best quality and at competitive rates, for dry cleaning rates of different items you can visit our website or give us a call at our helpline number.